Sunday, May 5, 2013

Powershell Regex For Extracting List of mp3 File Downloads

All you need for this script is the URL of the web page displaying all the LDS conference talks, like this one.
  1. Paste the URL address into the script where it says $url = ...
  2. Open up your Windows Powershell ISE.
  3. Paste these script lines into the editor:
  4. Execute.
  5. All mp3 files will start downloading to you documents folder to a subfolder called 'Conference MP3s'
Sorry but I can't claim credit for developing these techniques. I'm just a fairly patient Googler, and put this code together with what I found on the net that worked for me.

Accuracy of script output is not thoroughly tested or guaranteed. Let me know what your mileage is. Feedback appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you can't see the script embedded in the post above. Direct link to the script is:
    https://gist.github.com/jeng1111/5606706#file-gistfile1-ps1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and interest in this post!
Comments to this blog are sometimes moderated to prevent spam. Please don't be alarmed if your comment does not appear immediately.