Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SQL Developer UAC Weirdness

I am running Windows 8 with Classic Shell's start menu. Today I installed the new Oracle 12 client on my workstation, along with SQL Developer. I then attempted to start SQL Developer from the shortcuts in my Classic Shell start menu, but doing so always elicited a Windows UAC prompt.  I tried a few things, but the simplest solution ended up being to navigate to the directory of sqldeveloper.exe and create a shortcut to it right there in the same directory.  Then copy this shortcut to the Start Menu.  Result, no more UAC prompt when selecting it from the Start Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time and interest in this post!
Comments to this blog are sometimes moderated to prevent spam. Please don't be alarmed if your comment does not appear immediately.