Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hide and Seek

Hide-and-seek is a universal game that children play.  When I was young, the ultimate goal was to hide in a place so that no one would find me.  Now I play hide-and-seek with my own children, and my goal is different.  Yes, I could hide in a place where they would never find me, but that would only frustrate and discourage them.  Now I hide in places that are out-of-sight, but apparent when they search for me.  For instance, I will hide behind a curtain with my feet still visible, or behind a piece of furniture that they just have to look behind.  This way, it is much more fun for all of us.

Is God playing hide-and-seek with us?

Sometimes when reading scripture, a verse seems to jump out of the page and causes me to marvel, to see the world in a new way.  I had this experience when I read Isaiah 45:15:

Verily thou are a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time and interest in this post!
Comments to this blog are sometimes moderated to prevent spam. Please don't be alarmed if your comment does not appear immediately.