Wednesday, May 20, 2009

psexec Computer Trick

From my computer, I
can open a cmd console screen with a message on it on another computer using psexec
Here's how:

I need to already
have administrative privileges on the target computer.
  • psexec needs to be
    installed on my computer.
  • I create a batch
    file that looks like this: 
    @echo OFF
    echo Tell me if you got
    this.
    echo.
    pause
    del %0
    (The last line is the batch file
    "self-destruct" command.)
  • I open a command
    window, and type  psexec \targetcomputernameorIP -i -c
    "C:pathtofile.bat"

    The -i switch runs
    the process interactively with the logged on user.  The -c switch copies
    the file to that computer before running it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your time and interest in this post!
    Comments to this blog are sometimes moderated to prevent spam. Please don't be alarmed if your comment does not appear immediately.